Thin rice noodles, Shiragiku nuoc cham dressing, miso Honteri slow roasted aubergine, daikon & carrot salad, pink pickled lotus root, pickled cucumber and Thai basil & mint and coriander garnish.
200g Vermicelli rice noodles
Shiragiku vegetarian nuoc cham
1 Garlic clove; pureed
½ Chilli; finely diced
5 tbsp Light soy sauce
125ml Hot water
Juice of 2 limes
Miso honteri roasted aubergine
1 Aubergine – cut into tenders
2 tbsp White miso
4 tbsp Honteri
Daikon & carrot
1 Carrot; shredded finely
½ Daikon; shredded finely
Honteri pink pickled lotus root
4 slices Lotus root
Slice fresh beetroot
100ml Boiling water
3 Sprigs of fresh mint
2 Sprigs thai basil
2 Sprigs mint
3 Sprigs coriander
1. Pour boiling water over the vermicelli rice noodles and leave to stand for 20 minutes until soft. Then strain the noodles from the excess water.
THE NUOC CHAM DRESSING
2. Mix all the ingredients, including the Shiragiku, for the nuoc cham and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
MISO HONTERI ROASTED AUBERGINE
3. Heat the oven to 150c. Mix the miso and Honteri. Dress the aubergine tenders in the miso Honteri dressing and slow roast for 60 mins. Once fully soft, cool and reserve.
DAIKON & CARROT
4. Mix the finely shredded daikon and carrot and dress with 2 tbsp of the nuoc cham dressing.
HONTERI PINK PICKLED LOTUS ROOT
5. Mix the Honteri and Shiragiku and water and bring to boil. Add the lotus root and beetroot and make sure all the veg is submerged. Boil gently for 30 minutes.
MINTY SMACKED CUCUMBER
6. Smack the cucumber with the back of your knife until it splits open. Mix the cucumber with Shiragiku, add the mint and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
7. Plate the rice noodles 2/3 up the bowl and add the nuoc cham dressing. Arrange the aubergine tenders, spiral the daikon and carrot, add the pickled lotus root, smacked cucumber and then top with the herb salad of thai basil, mint and coriander for extra freshness
Meet Chef Philli Armitage-Mattin. Finalist in BBC’s Masterchef the Professionals 2020, Chef Philli is a development chef and food consultant with a focus on modern Asian cuisine working with well-known food brands, retailers and restaurants. Philli’s passion for Asian cuisine was ignited when training within the Gordon Ramsey Restaurant Group but flourished as she spent a year travelling and researching different type of Asian cuisines in the Far East, working in some of the best restaurants including DEN and 2* in Tokyo. We hope you’ll be inspired by Philli’s path to Poke Perfection.
Slow roast king oyster mushrooms, smashed avocado, pink pickled ginger, charred tenderstem broccoli, goma dressing, sesame spinach and radish.
Honteri dressed scallop, asparagus with Honteri & mustard dressing, truffle Shiragiku ponzu & dill oil split dressing, Honteri pickled carrot flowers cut-outs, rhubarb and dill.