A rich and fragrant risotto with saffron and Honteri, perfect served with grilled prawns, scallops, or lobster and plenty of lemon and lime.
500g risotto rice
125g Mizkan Honteri Mirin-style
1.5kg chicken stock
200g risotto base
1. Dice the onion and sweat in the butter for 5 minutes on a medium heat in a large pan.
2. Add the rice, saffron and salt and fold them through the onions.
3. Add the Honteri and begin to stir the rice.
4. Keeping the rice on the move, add a ladle of chicken stock.
5. Cook until the rice has soaked up all the stock.
6. Repeat this until all the stock has been used up.
7. Put rice onto a flat tray and spread it out so it cools quickly.
1. Cook the risotto on a medium heat with the water whilst continually stirring.
2. After 3 minutes, take the pan off the heat and fold through the parmesan and butter.
3. Leave to rest in the pan for one minute.
4. Stir the rice and serve.
5. Garnish with micro herbs, saffron and black pepper.
Food Innovation Solutions is a team of food industry experts with experience ranging from quick serve operations to fine dining restaurants. Their innovative and creative culinary team offers end to end solutions for restaurants and food innovation development.
Alex Dome from FIS has 10 years’ experience within the culinary world and has worked in many well renowned restaurants including Angela Hartnett MBE. His innovative menu writing skills and ability to work within the guidelines of the restaurant’s style makes him an incredible asset to the FIS team.
Emily heads up FIS, taking the lead as team manager and creative director. In the kitchen, Emily’s specialism lies in confectionary and trendy Plant-Based cuisine and as such she has worked with a range of large FMCG companies.
Photography and video production courtesy of Jen Rich and Tinderflint.
Warming Tonkotsu ramen with aromatic pork, Honteri, ginger, chilli and garlic stock.
A Japanese-style burger drizzled with a rich and flavoursome Teriyaki Honteri glaze.
Soft and tender chicken skewers glazed with a glistening Yakitori sauce; the ultimate blend of sweet and savoury flavours.