1. The promoter is: Mizkan Euro Ltd. Ltd (company no. 08053234) („Mizkan“) whose registered office is at 2nd Floor, Building 10, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5XS.
2. The competition is open to people who are (ii) residents in Germany aged 18 years or over, except:
a) employees of Mizkan or its holding or subsidiary companies;
b) employees of agents or suppliers of Mizkan or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
c) members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter this competition. By entering into this competition, the participant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will not be counted. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
5. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
6. Entries automatically generated by a computer or otherwise will not be accepted.
7. Mizkan reserves all rights to disqualify any participant from the competition for any violation of these terms and conditions, including any attempt to undermine the operation of the competition, as well as any fraud, attempt at fraud, attempt at unfair participation or at Mizkan’s sole discretion, if it considers that your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition. Mizkan’s decision as to any disqualification shall be final and no discussion will be entered into.
8. The entry to the competition will be open from the moment it is posted on @eatinginberlin’s Instagram account and will close on 26 April 2021 at 00:00 GMT („Closing Date“)
9. To enter the competition, participants must:
a. “like” the post posted by @eatinginberlin regarding the competition;
b. follow the official DE Mizkan Chef Instagram @mizkanchefde;
c. follow the Instagram account of the influencer @eatinginberlin; and
d. tag a friend in the comment section of the post.
10. In entering the competition, the participant confirms that they are eligible to enter the competition as set out in section 2 above. Mizkan may require the participant to provide proof that the participant is eligible to enter the competition. Mizkan reserves all rights to disqualify any participant if their eligibility to enter the competition cannot be confirmed.
11. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received or if it does not meet the criteria listed above at section 9 above, for any reason not attributable to Mizkan.
12. The prize draw will take place on 26 April and one (1) winner will be selected at random from all the correct and valid entries submitted.
13. The decision of Mizkan is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
14. Mizkan must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation Mizkan will publish the winning entry in Instagram as soon as practicable after 26 April 2021.
15. The winner will be announced via Instagram story and contacted by Instagram via a private message.
16. The winner will have to confirm their wish to benefit from the prize by replying on Instagram within seven (7) days of the dispatch of the said message. In the absence of confirmation within the said period, the winner shall be deemed to have renounced the prize, any claim after the above period will be invalid and Mizkan may not be held liable in this respect.
17. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
18. Under no circumstances may the winner take advantage of the fact that the private message notifying him/her of his/her winnings has not been read within the aforementioned period to claim the award of the prize.
19. Mizkan will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. However, if the winner cannot be contacted by Instagram or is not available or has not claimed his/her prize, Mizkan reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant by making another draw.
20. The competition prizes are as follows :
– x1 (one) Knife “Tojiro – DP VG10 Gyuto”
– x1 (one) Mizkan Kitchen Essentials KIT [x1 Honteri, x1 Rice Vinegar, x1 Sushi Sauce]
21. The prize is as stated and no alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and Mizkan reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value.
22. Mizkan does not claim any rights of ownership in your competition entry.
23. You agree that Mizkan may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website and any other media (including but not limited to Instagram), whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition. You agree to grant Mizkan a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
24. Mizkan may not be held liable for any fact that is not attributable to it, in particular in the event of malfunctioning of telephone lines, malfunctions of the Internet network, failures of the participant’s computer, any other problem linked to networks and means of communication (access providers, viruses, faulty and/or incompatible computer equipment in terms of hardware or software, etc.), or any other problem linked to the participant’s devices. ) or in the event that the information provided by the participant is erroneous, incomplete or becomes unusable for a reason that is not attributable to Mizkan.
25. Mizkan may also not be held liable in the event that a participant is unable to connect to Instagram due to any technical defect or any problem related, in particular, to network congestion. It may not be held liable for the maintenance or any malfunctioning of the servers on which the competition is hosted.
26. Insofar as is permitted by law, Mizkan, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Mizkan, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
27. Mizkan will process the participants‘ personal data to the extent required to run the competition. For further information, please visit: https://www.mizkan.co.uk/fair-processing-notice/.
28. Mizkan reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
29. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or
associated with Facebook or Instagram.
30. These terms and conditions will be governed by (i) where the participant is a resident in Germany, German Law, (ii) in other cases, English law.
31. Any disputes will be subject to (i) where the participant is a resident in Germany, the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Germany and (ii) in other cases, the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.