A Japanese-style burger drizzled with a rich and flavoursome Honteri glaze.
Photography and video production courtesy of Jen Rich and Tinderflint.
3 tbsp Mizkan Honteri
3 tbsp ponzu
3 tbsp cooking sake
1 tbsp water
½ tsp potato starch
280g minced turkey
60g shiitake mushroom, finely diced
60g lotus root, finely diced
60g spring onion, finely chopped
60g onion, finely diced
1 tbsp flour
2 tbsp cooking sake
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1. Mix all the glaze ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2. Place burger patty ingredients in a bowl and knead well until the mixture is fully incorporated. Divide the mixture into 4 and create 4 oval shaped patties, tossing each patty between your palms around 10 times to release any air in the mixture. This procedure will help patties from breaking while grilling. Indent the centre of each patty with your thumb as the patties will rise and expand in the centre with heat.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over medium heat and place the patties gently. Cook each side for 4-5 minutes until the centre of the patties are cooked through.
4. Once the patties are fully cooked, mix the sauce mixture well once again. Spoon the sauce over the patties while cooking until all the sauce is poured in. The sauce will slightly thicken when it is ready.
5. Place the burger on the plate and pour the sauce. Garnish with grated radish and spring onions.
6. Serve hot.
Sozai Cooking School is the first cooking school in the UK dedicated to authentic Japanese food. This specialist organisation offers a wide variety of classes and events from well-known dishes like sushi and ramen to traditional cuisine and street food. Please visit their website for more information about classes and events www.sozai.co.uk
Soft and tender chicken skewers glazed with a glistening Yakitori sauce; the ultimate blend of sweet and savoury flavours.
Warming Tonkotsu ramen with aromatic pork, Honteri, ginger, chilli and garlic stock.